While I have gotten a GNU toolchain for MRISC32 to the point that it can compile C code (and some C++ code), there are many things that remain, and since I’m not a compiler person I could really use some help from someone with more experience.
- Create an LLVM back end.
- Improve the GCC back end (e.g. improve code quality).
- In GCC and/or LLVM:
- Add proper builtins/intrinsics for MRISC32-specific instructions.
- Add support for C++ exceptions.
- Add support for more front end languages (such as Fortran).
- Implement auto-vectorization.
- Implement linker relaxations in binutils.
Related reddit discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Compilers/comments/otz4uq/mrisc32_looking_for_help_with_compiler_support/